|Photo by C. Carson of the Blue Angels rehearsing for their NOLA air show|
Some great things happening:
- Make-A-Wish helps kids become fighter pilots for a day
- Pilots prepare for 60th annual Father's Day Fly-In
- Bomber Pilot Saves The Day In Boeing 737 Emergency Landing - from June 2
Learning to fly a plane is still officially HIGH UP ON MY BUCKET LIST!
JUST LOOK AT THIS INSANE PICTURE!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOL!!!
Before I forget, here is a link to my blog post on the Lockheed Martin Tweetup Adventure I attended - also from 2012. Lockheed Martin is extremely awesome in every aspect of what they do! I am a giant fan!
What can you do on Pilot day?
- If someone is flying YOU around, SAY THANK YOU to your pilot!
- If YOU are flying - why not share that enthusiasm with someone who may be inspired?!
- Simply think about the amazing things that go into modern Aviation!
- Check out #AVGeek on Twitter!
- If you have the means, contribute to someone's Make-A-Wish dream to be a pilot for a day!
- Visit an Aviation museum
- Check out the FAA and learn about air safety
- Draw a plane or build a plane (legos, a real one, whatever is handy! :-)
- LOOK UP!
Have a great day out there everybody!
|Photo by C. Carson, 2012|